College Students – Full Gospel Fellowship (FGF)
Full Gospel Fellowship (FGF) – LHU Club –Sept 2019
Full Gospel Fellowship is a Christian Bible-based club for college students at Lock Haven University of PA.
The passion of FGF is to encourage college students to grow in their relationship with Jesus, encounter God’s presence, build meaningful friendships, and be empowered to live out their purpose in God. Come and get established in God’s Word and let Him transform your life.
FGF is an outreach ministry House of the Lord Fellowship church (HOTLF) in Lock Haven, Pennsylvania. HOTLF church is located within walking distance of the campus at 201 West Main Street, Lock Haven, PA. www.houseofthelordfellowship.org
When Does FGF Meet?
Thursday’s 7pm – LHU’s Raub Hall room 408.
(Follows fall and spring academic semesters and holidays – September to May).
- Encouragement for college students
- Connect with friends
- Fun fellowship
- Discover more about God
- Interactive Bible-based studies & discussions
- Experience a deeper relationship with God
- Be empowered to positively impact LHU community and the world
**Together we can connect, grow, and have fun!
Why Join FGF?
Something incredible happens when you connect with other student believers and become friends. This sense of community happens in FGF with weekly meetings, Bible-studies, other activities.
Whether it’s meeting on campus, or in someone’s dorm, apartment, home, office or at local diner, you’ll grow in your walk with God, share your faith with others, and serve together to impact LHU community and the world around you.
Here at FGF, we connect, hang out, and join in dynamic discussions about spiritual truth and grow. Together we learn, grow, care, serve and have lots of fun!
Bring a friend and come and check us out! You will discover this is a LHU club worth getting out for.
Things You Might Be Wondering About:
- Diversity? All LHU students are welcome! You will find a diverse bunch of friendly students and ministry staff at FGF. Whatever God has for you, you can find and fulfill your unique, God-given purpose here with us. Those at FGF come from different faiths and cultural backgrounds. We welcome you regardless of your background, religion or ethnicity!
- What is FGF Denomination or Affiliation? FGF is a non-denominational, Bible-based Christian group. Our style and affiliation often identified as Spirit-filled, Full Gospel, or Contemporary. FGF is sponsored and affiliated with the House of the Lord Fellowship.
- Club Membership? FGF has open membership. You can join FGF anytime. We encourage students to be active participants and be part of FGF as much as they can. If would like to enquire about becoming a student officer or know more about officer requirements, you can check out FGF’s Constitution and By-Laws or contact a FGF leader. (FGF Constitution-By-Laws).
- Club Officers – **Fall2018 — Student President – Philip Brinker
Student Vice-President – Emily Corey
Student Secretary – Joel Martin
- Club Leaders – Pastor John Snyder (email email@example.com)
Pastor John’s bio
Dave & Brenda Haines (email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com)
- Club Advisors – LHU Police Officer – Robert Hall (and an LHU alum) and Staff member – Virginia Snyder.
Official LHU Club & History
Yes! FGF is an official LHU Club and has been a Campus Ministry since 1982. FGF operates in accordance with LHU Student Body Government guidelines. FGF does not receive any funds from LHU’s Student Body Government because our club is sponsored as an outreach ministry of the House of the Lord Fellowship church.
For over 35 years, FGF has encouraged college students not just spiritually but also supported students with their academic journey and life adventures. We are privileged to be part of the LHU community, LHU faith-based ministries, and FGF & LHU alumni communities.
What are Meetings Like?
- What is an FGF meeting like? Meetings on Thursdays are informal, interactive Bible-based discussions along with a chance to connect with other college students and make some friendships that last a lifetime. FGF is about encouragement and encountering a deeper relationship with God at the Haven.
- What if I don’t want to join in a discussion? You can choose to participate when it feels right for you.
- What if I cannot make it on-time to a meeting? While everyone is encouraged to be consistent in attending, and we think you’ll want to come as often as you are able too. We know college schedules and life can be rather busy.
- What if I can’t make it every week’s meeting? No problem! While everyone is encouraged to be consistent in attending, and we think you’ll want to, we know things come up.
What Else Do We Do?
Besides a weekly Thursday meeting with an interactive Bible-study, FGF has all sorts of fun adventures and opportunities to create and strengthen student’s friendships.
FGF group activities include: LHU Club Fairs, game nights, campfire cookouts, hiking explorations, ice cream parties and picnics, end of semester party-bashes, and even volunteer community service projects like: Operation Christmas Child and HOTLF mission projects and witnessing campaigns.
Where Can I Attend a Sunday Church Service?
We would love to have you come worship with us on the weekend at House of the Lord Fellowship church.
HOTLF Church welcomes all college students, faculty and staff. We are just 2 blocks away from East campus.
Need a car ride to a Sunday church service?
We provide weekly car rides. Car pickups by FGF volunteers and officers are often at LHU circle near Field House or other areas on campus upon request. You can contact us for a pickup or more info.)
FGF + LHU + GLOBAL IMPACT
Hundreds of FGF alumni from the USA and the world have been impacted and transformed spiritually in their faith in Jesus through FGF.
Our FGF alumni community love telling us how much FGF impacted and supported them on their journey academically, in life, their relationship with Jesus, and helped them discover their destiny and purpose in God. Some of our FGF alumni community live in or are involved in missionary endeavors in Costa Rica, Peru, Mexico, Trinidad, South Korea, China, Finland, England, Russia, and other countries.
Connect & Follow Us on Social Media:
Facebook: Full Gospel Fellowship